Thursday, November 12, 2009

Working on gifts...

I finished the embroidery on the woolie gift and thread basted it for hand quilting. It won't be heavily quilted because I don't think it needs it and it is a Christmas gift so I need to finish it quickly. I can work on it in the evenings while hubby is watching TV.



The picture below is the third quilt I made out of twenty St. Jude fat quarters. This fabric has been in my stash a long time and I'm glad to be using it. This quilt will also be donated to a charity for children in need. This one was done using every last bit of the fabric I had left from the other two quilts (all except the small inner red border. I added that extra. I made the center first then did the red border. I had cut all the leftovers into 2x3-1/2" bricks and I was able to make a piano key type of border around it. It all went together really quick and easy. It again was so fun to work with basic shapes. Now I need to piece together a back and get it quilted along with the second one. This quilt measures 42x46. I debated whether I should add another border but decided it was good enough. What do you think? Should I make it bigger?


Have a great day!
Terry

1 comment:

  1. I think the size of the charity quilt is perfect. I love the red inner border and the red blocks sprinkled in. I don't think it needs another border. It's adorable as is!
    Love the woolie gift. I LOVE the red border..it makes it a little brighter and cheerier(is that even a word?). Great job, T. I can't wait to see you bring the quilts to their "NEXT LEVEL"!
    I'll post my dilemma sometime this afternoon--I hope. I need to get it basted this weekend and finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!