Tuesday, November 10, 2009



This is what I'm working on now. The blocks are sewed together into rows. Now I just need to sew the rows together. I am not putting a border on this just binding. I like the look of that sometimes. It reminds me of the older quilts. They often didn't use borders. My theory is that it was a lot of trouble to hand sew on the long borders. Maybe this was the reason, maybe not. Anyway, I like the look and that is what I'm doing on this one.

It was so much fun just sewing squares together! I had forgotten how mindless this kind of sewing is. This is the 2nd quilt I get out of two packages of fatquarters. WOW! it is amazing how far a small amount of fabric can go. This will be donated to a charity our guild donates to called "Children in Need". The last batch of quilts were donated to the burn center at one of our hospitals.

Have a great day!
Terry

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I think that we don't like to sew on border for the same reasons our grandmothers didn't. Who wants to sew long pieces of fabric onto our quilts?? Not me! Again, love this and love the activity in the fabric. Someone will be blessed to receive it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!