Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Christmas Stockings


I made these two Christmas stockings from some not-so-cute gold angel fabric that I've had for a few years. I used a pattern from a Christmas issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. Of course I altered the pattern, or should I say I didn't follow the pattern. I never really do. I used some Minkee for the top of the stocking instead of piecing one (like the pattern called for) or using a thick quilted fabric. The Minkee is soft and looks a little like fur. It gives it a more updated look to that furry stuff that gets gross after sitting in storage for a few years. I believe that I will put these in the Show & Sell as I don't think my guys would like stockings with girlie buttons and gold angels on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!