Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas cookies...

Thought you might like to see what my kitchen and dining room looked like at 8pm tonight. I was supposed to do this baking today while MY HONEY was at work but I didn't have any brown sugar and MY HONEY was going to the store after work. So after supper we started. The first pic is the sugar cookies. MY HONEY is learning how to roll to help me out. He did a great job (maybe I can convince him to do the whole thing next year, HA!)


Next we have the tin of gingerbread men. I did make those this afternoon because the dough was already made and in the fridge. I will bring all the cookies to my daughter's house for Christmas eve and my children along with the nieces and nephews will decorate them. They love to do this every year and will not let me forget it.


The last pic is the dining room table with some Chocolate Pecan Clusters (OH, so Good!) and some of the sugar cookies cooling. I already have the chocolate chip cookies boxed up in the tins you see there on the table.


Not really what I expected to do this evening. I thought I would be all done by now but that is the way it is. You gotta roll with the punches. At least now all the baking is just about done. Tomorrow I will mix up a double batch of icing and color it to bring with the cookies and make some fudge, easy. I'm ready for Christmas! How about you?

BTW, the little quilt you see kinda folded up on the table was made for me last year by my very best friend and I love it just as much now as I did then. Doesn't it look great? Thank you, friend.
Til we meet again,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!