Friday, January 15, 2010

Here is the bag I was working on today. It was easy to put together and fast! It is a Child's Activity Bag. I got the pattern from Moda Bake Shop. Designer Melissa Stramel. I had a slight problem with the fabric amounts. The pattern says you need 1/2 yard of coordinating fabric for the lining and extra pieces. I had a piece that was 18x43 inches. Should have been enough to cut out all the extra pieces but it wasn't. I emailed the designer and she emailed me back and suggested I cut the handles out smaller and I did and it worked out fine. She said Moda must have sent her a piece that was bigger than a half yard . I appreciate the quick response from Melissa. Anyway, this is the front of the bag. I put some crayons in the pockets and a color book inside.


This is the coordinating fabric I used for the lining, outside pocket and handles. I love this bag. So cute!


This is the back side of the bag. It has a large outside pocket to put fun stuff in.


I love looking at and using crayons. I know some lucky child is going to have a blast with this bag.


Close up of the crayons. Just because, did I mention
I LOVE CRAYONS!


Here is the big button I used. The pattern called for a magnetic closure but I didn't have that. I do have lots of buttons so I made a loop and put a big ole' button on there. I think it works fine. This button measures 1-1/4". Big!


I will be making more of these bags to donate to a help center in our area. I think any child would love their own bag to put stuff in. Don't you? I know I would not mind one for myself. HA!
Til we meet again,
Terry

1 comment:

  1. I love thinking about some little hands holding crayons and watching the colors spread across the page.
    The bag is so cute. Love the bright, bold colors! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We really appreciate it!